We know there’s fresh powder out there, but be sure to read all 5 before you hit the slopes:
- Students, parents are protesting planned solar panels at a California middle school. (LA Times)
- Primitive tools suggest humans left Africa earlier, and in a different direction. (NPR)
- See amazing pictures of the damage invasive boas inflict on native birds in Aruba. (Dot Earth)
- A controversial Brazilian mega-dam on a tributary of the Amazon clears another major hurdle. (Green)
- Your ski and snowboard wax could be seriously harmful to you and wildlife. (Treehugger)
Donate to The Nature Conservancy and give back to nature.
Tags: aruba, Brazil, brazilian dam, Dot Earth, green. treehugger, humans left africa, humans left africa earlier, invasive boas, L.A Times, middle school solar panels, middle school solar panels protest, npr, ski wax harmful, snake eating bird, snowboard wax harmful, solar panels, students protest solar panels