Deforestation’s role in the Haiti earthquake and more jarring green news:
- Eating green goes beyond organic, local and vegetarian–this year, try a plate of invasive species. (The New York Times)
- And here’s a really good reason to: new research shows invasive species trigger mass extinctions. (National Science Foundation)
- Why 2010 was a good year for sharks. (Earth Watch)
- Erosion by deforestation and hurricanes could have triggered Haiti’s devasting 2010 earthquake. (Mongabay)
- The guest bedroom as metaphor for excess and unsustainability. (Treehugger)
Donate to The Nature Conservancy and give back to nature.
Tags: Earth Watch, eat invasive species, eating green, erosion, guest bedroom, Haiti earthquake and deforestation, mass extinctions, Mongabay, National Science Foundation, New York Times, sharks, Treehugger, unsustainability, vegetarian