Green news time!
- REDD: a new study says it’s about more than just reducing emissions– it could save some species from extinction. (Mongabay)
- So what can we actually expect to see come out of the COP 16 climate talks? (Christian Science Monitor)
- Big trucks are shockingly fuel-inefficient– but existing and new technology could bring them up to nine miles per gallon, as opposed to the current six. (GreenBiz)
- How’s this for alternative energy? Researchers want to study the feasibility of turning astronaut poop into spaceship electricity. (Grist)
- A Chinese ban on plastic bags kept 100 billion of those bad boys out of the trash. (Treehugger)
Donate to The Nature Conservancy and give back to nature.
Tags: alternative energy, astronaut poop, big trucks, Cancun, China, China plastic bag ban, Christian Science Monitor, COP16, fossil fuels, fuel-efficiency, GreenBiz, Grist, Mongabay, plastic bags, REDD, REDD saves species, reducing emissions from deforestation and degradation, spaceship energy, Treehugger