Need a good argument for why people should protect nature? We’ve got 5:
- Give farmers $1 billion to reduce water pollution and they’ll save you $6 billion on a wastewater treatment plant. (The New York Times)
- A new study says viewing nature scenes eases pain for cancer patients. (The Daily Green)
- The Gulf oil spill was good for America’s bottom line… which is weird, and still an argument for nature. (DotEarth)
- Will these 8 overlooked species be granted endangered status? (Wired)
- Cool photo! See this winner of the 2010 wildlife photographer of the year award. (BBC)
Donate to The Nature Conservancy and give back to nature.
Tags: agricultural pollution, ant photo, BBC, Daily Green, DotEarth, Ecosystem Services, endangered species, environmental disaster, Gulf oil spill, nature and cancer, nature and health, New York Times, wastewater, water pollution, wildlife photographer of the year, Wired