From solar panels in the White House to poop gas (teehee!) in your kitchen, today’s round-up presents a high-brow/low-brow mix of great green news:
- Researchers discovered 200 new species in Papua New Guinea…and you HAVE to see the pictures. (Mongabay)
- In case you missed yesterday’s announcement: Obama gives a thumbs-up to White House solar panels. (CleanTechnica)
- Obama must be all about solar these days, because his administration just approved the first big solar projects to be built on federal lands. (Grist)
- Here’s everything you’ll ever need to know about energy-efficient light bulbs. (The Daily Green)
- The grossest headline of the day: “Cooking on poop gas takes off.” (Treehugger)
Donate to The Nature Conservancy and give back to nature.
Tags: biogas, CFL bulb, CleanTechnica, cooking with biogas, cooking with poop gas, energy efficient lightbulbs, Grist, lightbulbs, Mongabay, new species, Obama, obama administration, Obama solar, Papua New Guinea, Papua New Guinea new species, research, solar, solar energy, solar panels, solar power, The Daily Green, Treehugger, White House solar panels