Does Friday the 13th give you the heebie-jeebies? Our round-up of cool green news will cure that:
- When it comes to local environmental issues, compromising with industry works. (Green)
- Why is Borneo’s orangutan population falling, even in pristine forest areas? (Mongabay)
- Tracking turd is a mainstay of wildlife monitoring, but the dung beetle is making scat surveys unreliable in the tropics. (Conservation JournalWatch)
- Where does your bottled water come from? Um… most likely the tap. (The Daily Green)
- “I do… want to save the forest.” Planting trees is now a law for newlyweds in an Indonesian province. (Huffington Post)
Donate to The Nature Conservancy and give back to nature.
Tags: Borneo, bottled water, Conservation Journal Watch, Daily Green, dung beetle, environmentalism, green, green marriage, Huffington Post, Indonesia, Mongabay, orangutan population, rainforest, scat survey, tap water, wildlife monitoring