Dying to get the latest on fungus-based alternative packing materials, fire tracking from space and your endangered summer vacation? Read on, readers:
- See ya, Styrofoam– a new mushroom-based packing product uses 98% less energy than the familiar foamy white stuff. (Greener Design)
- Deforestation in the Brazilian Amazon is down this year, officials say. (Mongabay)
- Arizona’s Luke Air Force Base is getting a giant 15 megawatt solar power installation– and the 550 green jobs that come with its construction. (CleanTechnica)
- Government agencies are monitoring the world’s fire trends…from space! (Dot Earth)
- A host of environmental issues could threaten your next vacation. (The Daily Green)
Donate to The Nature Conservancy and give back to nature.
Tags: Amazon deforestation, Amazon rainforest, Arizona, Brazil, CleanTechnica, deforestation, Dot Earth, Fire, fire trends, green jobs, Greener Design, Luke Air Force Base, Mongabay, mushroom-based packing material, solar installation, solar power, styrofoam, The Daily Green, threatened vacations, tracking fire trends from space, wildfire