As always, your news of the day is cool and green:
- The EPA weighs in on the debate over using dispersants to break up the oil in the Gulf. (Green)
- No climate bill = no nukes. (The Vine)
- Climate change could force Adélie penguins to live in the dark. (Extinction Countdown)
- Researchers create a model showing how deforestation happens in 3 distinct ‘waves.’ (BBC)
- Sigh…it’s official: the BP spill is the world’s largest accidental release of oil into marine waters. (The New York Times)
Donate to The Nature Conservancy and give back to nature.
Tags: Adelie penguins, BBC, climate bill, Climate Change, deforestation waves, dispersants, EPA, Extinction Countdown, forest degradation, forest model, green, Gulf oil spill, melting ice, New York Times, nuclear power, The Vine