Maybe if we give each polar bear a security blanket, everything will work out?
- A giant thermal blanket could help slow the rate of a melting glacier in Italy. (Treehugger)
- Scientists say polar bears in Hudson Bay have just 25-30 years left, matching the rate of decline of Arctic sea ice. (Yale 360)
- Australia plans to get 30 percent of its drinking water from the ocean. (The New York Times)
- The controversial tactic of burning oil resumes in the Gulf. (Los Angeles Times)
- Fred Pearce celebrates World Population Day by debunking the overpopulation myth. (Grist)
Donate to The Nature Conservancy and give back to nature.
Tags: Australia, burning oil, desalination, drinking water, Fred Pearce, Grist, Gulf, Hudson Bay, Italy, Los Angeles Times, melting glacier, overpopulation, polar bears, security blanket, Treehugger, Yale Environment 360