Happy almost-Independence Day/three-day weekend! If you read these five great green stories reeeeeally slowly, it’ll be 5pm before you know it.
- Get your red, white, blue AND green on this 4th of July with reusable plates, less meat and also lasers. (Huffington Post)
- Do the media give too much attention to climate skeptics—or do they not give enough attention to climate change at all? (dotEarth)
- Maybe oil dispersant isn’t the most toxic stuff ever after all… (YaleE360)
- Do bikes deserve their own special highways? (Slate, via Treehugger)
- A bunch of weather- and TV news-people don’t believe that climate change is a real thing. (Grist)
Donate to The Nature Conservancy and give back to nature.
Tags: bicycle highways, bicycles, Climate Change, climate skeptics, DotEarth, eating less meat, green 4th of July, green holidays, Grist, Gulf oil spill, Huffington Post, media coverage of climate change, oil dispersant, oil spill, reusable plates, Slate, Treehugger, weather forecasters, weather forecasters climate skeptics, YaleE360