Yes, it’s the summer solstice in the Northern Hemisphere — the longest day of the year, the day everything is exposed in bright sunshine. Like so:
- Could the Mississippi River prevent the Gulf oil spill from moving further into Louisiana’s wetlands? (Conservation Maven)
- BP’s internal worst-case scenario of the oil flowing from the Gulf spill? Much worse than we’ve been hearing. (Dot Earth)
- A zero-energy refrigerator? Only through the power of green gel… (EcoGeek)
- “20-minute neighborhoods”? That’s what Portland’s mayor wants all over his beautiful city. (Grist)
- What are all these environmental worries good for? Electric car sales, for one thing. (GreenTech)
Donate to The Nature Conservancy and give back to nature.
Tags: bp oil spill, BP oil spill estimate, carbon neutral refrigerator, Conservation Maven, Dot Earth, EcoGeek, electric car sale up, electric car sales, GreenTech, Grist, Louisiana wetlands oil, Mississippi oil spill, Mississippi River oil, Portland 20-minute neighborhood, zero energy refrigerator