The World Cup begins today — but put down your vuvuzela (that loud horn South Africans blow throughout matches) for a moment and get your green news first:
- What’s sustainable to wear, eat, and paint your nails with while watching the World Cup? (Treehugger)
- Yes, but what’s the carbon footprint of the World Cup? (Guardian)
- Update from Bonn climate talks — the text to take to Cancun is here… (Richard Black/BBC)
- You asked for ‘em, you got ‘em: Hydrogen-fuel-cell-powered…forklifts. (CleanTechnica)
- Researchers (not including Mini Me) are using lasers to predict likely bird habitat. (Conservation Maven)
Donate to The Nature Conservancy and give back to nature.
Tags: bird laser habitat, Bonn climate talks, Cancun climate talks, carbon footprint World Cup, CleanTechnica, Conservation Maven, hydrogen forklift, Richard Black, sustainable World Cup, The Guardian, Treehugger