Scratch that green news itch:
- Books about rainforests are destroying rainforests, says a new report. (Mongabay)
- What’s the oil spill going to do to the Gulf’s food chain? (Guardian)
- If they want to, five western U.S. states could get 30 percent of their energy from wind and five percent from solar without the construction of extensive new infrastructure. (Green)
- What mud can tell us about climate change. (Grist)
- Fight bugs with bugs: Use insects, not pesticides, in your garden this year. (Huffington Post)
Donate to The Nature Conservancy and give back to nature.
Tags: bugs, Climate Change, green, green gardening, Grist, Guardian, Gulf food chain, Gulf oil spill, Huffington Post, Insects, Mongabay, mud, mud climate change, pesticides, rainforest books, Rainforests, solar energy, western US states, wind energy