Start your day the Cool Green way:
- “Top kill”: not this summer’s most anticipated action flick, but maybe a way to stop that dang oil from flowing into the Gulf of Mexico. (Los Angeles Times)
- Researchers discovered a new bird species in Colombia. In case you were wondering: it’s really cute. (Update: Fun fact! This bird was named after a former Conservancy employee.) (Mongabay)
- President Obama will extend the ban on new offshore drilling. (Washington Post)
- The gopher: the new poster child of climate change? (Green)
- Conservation and biodiversity=happiness, especially in your belly, says one writer. (Guardian)
Donate to The Nature Conservancy and give back to nature.
Tags: Biodiversity, Climate Change, climate change poster child, Colombia, conservation, food, gopher, green, Guardian, Gulf oil spill, Los Angeles Times, Mongabay, new bird species, Obama, offshore drilling, offshore drilling ban, top kill, Washington Post