The usual bag of delicious mixed greens — fresh eco-news for a new week!
- Only 1 in every 5 Americans say they’ll reduce gas consumption because of the oil spill. (CleanTechnica)
- Can scientists create adaptive ecosystems in industrial wastelands? Yes — they’re scientists! (Conservation Maven)
- Is it more efficient to boil cold water for pasta, or warm it up first through the tap? (Grist)
- D’oh! The oldest nuclear plant in the United States is leaking tritium into an aquifer. (Ecopolitology)
- But at least there’s now a way to recycle the 4.5 trillion cigarette butts that litter Earth every year. (Journal Watch Online)
Donate to The Nature Conservancy and give back to nature.
Tags: adaptive ecosystem wasteland, CleanTechnica, cold water boil pasta, Conservation Maven, Ecopolitology, Grist, Grist boil water pasta, Gulf oil spill conservation, nuclear plant leak, recycle cigarette butts