Your daily round-up of the day’s top green news– unlike some of your favorite fruits and veggies, it’s always in season:
- At least 15 state legislatures are attempting to pass resolutions to block limits on greenhouse gas emissions. Is your state one of them? (Grist)
- Now’s the perfect time to make your home more energy-efficient– Obama just announced the “Cash for Caulkers” program. (EcoGeek)
- A new report says that globally, the effects of climate change hit women the hardest. (Treehugger)
- Of course no one wants to hear it, but according to Harvard researchers, we’re going to have to pay a lot more for fuel in order to significantly cut carbon emissions. (dotEarth)
- Eating in-season produce keeps your meal’s carbon footprint low (and your belly happy). Chefs recommend avoiding these foods until the spring or summer. (Yahoo Green)
Donate to The Nature Conservancy and give back to nature.