Time for your daily dose of the day’s coolest, greenest news. Open wide:
- One way to make the Olympics greener: Hold them in the same place. (Grist)
- Riding in coach is generally less comfortable than business class, but it turns out the carbon footprint is way smaller. (Guardian)
- How much is nature worth in real, actual dollars? (GreenBiz)
- A 12-year-old American boy is working to save the okapi, one of Africa’s most elusive and unusual animals. (Mongabay)
- A research team is figuring out how we can abandon batteries– but will the substitute more be sustainable? (Spoiler alert: We don’t know yet.) (CleanTechnica)
Donate to The Nature Conservancy and give back to nature.