Start your day in the coolest, greenest way possible… no, seriously, put down the lime-flavored Jell-O and dive into these great stories:
- Missed out on Cash for Clunkers? Replace your home appliances with more energy-efficient models, and reap the benefits of “Cash for Refrigerators.” (Yahoo! Green)
- California steps up its greenhouse-gas-fighting game with the installation of monitoring devices that will measure local emissions. (New York Times)
- Is climate change responsible for larger, more extreme ocean waves in the Pacific Northwest? (Scientific American)
- Obama’s FY 2011 budget reserves a large chunk of green for green jobs. (Mother Nature Network)
- Recycling office paper by turning it into…toilet paper? (Treehugger)
Donate to The Nature Conservancy and give back to nature.
Tags: California, energy efficiency, federal budget, green jobs, Mother Nature Network, New York Times, Obama, Pacific Northwest, paper recycling, reducing carbon emissions, scientific american, Treehugger, waves, Yahoo Green