Six more weeks of winter, according to Punxsutawney Phil!? At least you have a daily dose of the best green news links online to keep you warm:
- Trees in Eastern forests are adapting to climate change by growing faster. (NY Times)
- The deadline for the Copenhagen Accord came… and went. See who submitted their plans. (The Vine)
- Orcas are making a comeback in the Northwest, with the help of 6 new babies. (Christian Science Monitor)
- That idea to paint roofs white in order to reduce energy use? Not gonna work, says a new study. (Conservation Journal Watch)
- The blobfish – perhaps the world’s ugliest creature – faces extinction from bottom trawling. (Extinction Countdown)
Donate to The Nature Conservancy and give back to nature.
Tags: adapting to climate change, blobfish, bottom trawling, Christian Science Monitor, Conservation Journal Watch, Copenhagen Accord, Extinction Countdown, Forests, NY Times, orcas, The Vine, trees, white roofs