Today’s top 5 green news stories online:
- Can an energy-harvesting soccer ball reduce kerosene use in Africa? (Green Inc.)
- Wind power is on the rise… last year the industry grew 39 percent, despite the economic downturn. (NY Times)
- Just a 5 cent tax on plastic bags can make people bring their own to the grocery store. (The Vine)
- Twenty years later, the Exxon Valdez oil spill still lingers on Alaska’s beaches. (Christian Science Monitor)
- Could a ‘green’ industrial revolution — think electric cars and renewable energy — save Michigan? (The Daily Green)
Donate to The Nature Conservancy and give back to nature.
Tags: Africa, Alaska, bag tax, Christian Science Monitor, electric cars, Exxon Valdez, Green Inc., green industrial revolution, kerosene, Michigan, NY Times, oil spill, renewable energy, soccer, The Daily Green, The Vine, wind industry, wind power