Hot off the grill — your top 5 green news links of the day:
- Did the election of Scott Brown in Massachusetts kill off any hope of tackling climate change? (The Vine)
- It’s time to ban the import of invasive snakes like Burmese pythons, says Ken Salazar. (Green Inc.)
- Biologists discover an Eden in Ecuador — sitting, ironically enough, on top of some major oil reserves. (Dot Earth)
- Grass lawns in city parks release more greenhouse gases than they store, says a new study. (Conservation Journal Watch)
- One issue from post-earthquake Haiti that hasn’t received much attention yet: the country’s deforestation problem. (Bright Green Blog)
Donate to The Nature Conservancy and give back to nature.
Tags: Biodiversity, Bright Green Blog, Burmese Python, Climate Change, Conservation Journal Watch, deforestation, Dot Earth, Ecuador, Green Inc., greenhouse gases, Haiti, invasive snakes, Ken Salazar, lawns, Scott Brown, species importation, The Vine