Happy Friday! Nothing gets you in the celebratory weekend spirit quite like five cool green links, right?
- Good news! International efforts to combat climate change helped us earn us an extra minute of pre-doom on the Doomsday Clock. (DotEarth)
- Scientists discover a wealth of new species, including “glass” frogs and snail-sucking snakes, in the threatened rainforests of Ecuador. (Guardian Eco)
- Pope Benedict XVI: climate advocate? (Mother Nature Network)
- An ice shelf the size of Rhode Island totally disintegrated in just 24 hours. (The Daily Green)
- Here are seven tasks that you probably think require paper towels, but actually don’t. (Planet Green)
Donate to The Nature Conservancy and give back to nature.