Start off your day with the top 5 green news links online:
- Scientists have discovered a thicket of scrub oaks in California that can reproduce by cloning. (The New York Times)
- See video of yesterday’s violent boat crash between protesters and Japanese whalers. (Dot Earth)
- Collisions — by boat and car — are the cause for 2009′s increase in panther and manatee deaths in Florida. (Extinction Countdown)
- Political turmoil in Madagascar threatens to destroy gains in rainforest protection. (YaleE360)
- Looking for a green job this year? Check out this opportunity to protect puffins. (Treehugger)
Donate to The Nature Conservancy and give back to nature.
Tags: California, cloning, Dot Earth, Extinction Countdown, Florida panther, green job, Japanese whalers, Madagascar, manatee, New York Times, puffins, rainforest, scrub oaks, Treehugger, Yale Environment 360