Yes, we’re in that post-holiday daze that comes from too much egg nog, but we’re still here to give you a quick scoop on the top 5 green news stories of the day:
- Environmental journalism is losing one of its best reporters — Andy Revkin has left the New York Times to work at Pace University. But his great blog, Dot Earth, lives on.
- Is climate change skepticism the result of the “biggest public relations campaign” ever?(Bright Green Blog)
- A new study says animals and plants will have to migrate up to a quarter of a mile a year because of climate change (Christian Science Monitor).
- Will relocating 4 of the world’s remaining 8 northern white rhinos from captivity to the wild save the species from extinction, or is it “too little too late”? (Extinction Countdown)
- See incredible, just-released photos of rare Antarctic sea life taken by an international research team (Treehugger).
Tags: Andy Revkin, animal migration, Bright Green Blog, Christian Science Monitor, climate change skepticism, Dot Earth, environmental journalism, Extinction Countdown, northern white rhino relocation, Pace University, photos Antarctic sea life, rare Antarctic sea life, Treehugger