These five links are guaranteed to get you in the green holiday spirit:
- The Pope’s Christmas wish: For you to stop buying so much (Planet Green).
- The Conservancy’s very own Steve Long explores the eco-friendliness of Christmas trees (Marketwatch/WSJ).
- The world’s 20 largest postal services are teaming up to lower their carbon footprints, hopefully lessening the shipping impact of future holiday gifts and cards (CSR Wire).
- A new study indicates public transit ridership is down; Santa misses the memo (Green Inc., The Daily Green).
- Earlier this week, we shared the festive glory of a beer-bottle Christmas tree. Today, check out its highly caffeinated cousin, the Mountain Dew tree (Treehugger).
Donate to The Nature Conservancy and give back to nature.
Tags: carbon footprint, Christmas, Christmas trees, consumerism, CSR Wire, Green Inc., Marketwatch, Planet Green, public transportation, recycled cans, The Daily Green, Treehugger, Wall Street Journal