Today’s links: Climate change, climate change, climate change, and…climate change. Along with an electric motorcycle that costs in the five figures, which also probably has something to do with climate change. Enjoy!
- Why climate change is bad for you, Chapter 10,456: Oxfam warns that rising temperatures will degrade worker productivity by up to 30 percent in cities like New Delhi — and trade patterns will also shift, hurting poorer countries. (Hat tip: Green Inc.)
- But is climate change obscuring the world’s other big environmental problems? The BBC’s Richard Black takes a thorough look.
- Climate change could also make the Galapagos — which are tropical — deserts, says a new study by University of Washington researchers. (Hat tip: SciencePunk.)
- Leaders of the G8 countries are ready to talk turkey about climate change at this week’s summit, reports the BBC and the Guardian newspaper — with President Obama also ready to back emissions limits to keep rising temperatures at no more than 2 degrees. (Hat tip: The Great Beyond.)
- Best Buy is now selling electric bicycles, scooters and Segways, reports CNet’s Green Tech — including the Brammo Enertia electric motorcycles, which retails for only $11,995.
Donate to The Nature Conservancy and give back to nature.