Is ignorance bliss when it comes to climate change? And is the weatherman the closet thing we have to a climate change guru? Find out this and more in today’s round-up of green news.
- Blame it on the Weatherman: When the temperature gets hot in your neigborhood, do your thoughts turn to climate change? You’re not alone. Check out this graph showing how warmer weather makes people more certain that climate change is happening.
- 100 and Counting: Treehugger puts a green eye toward Obama’s first 100 days with a timeline of all the ups and downs in the new administration’s environmental progress so far.
- The Fossil Fuel Piggy Bank: Two new studies published in Nature show we’re closer to reaching global warming tipping points than previously thought. Island of Doubt assess the damage.
- Never Talk to the Media Strangers: Mother Jones questions whether the firing of a top climate change scientist in New Zealand is a case of censorship.
- Hope for the Future? A recent study of the environmental beliefs and knowledge of students found that 15-year-olds who were less informed were also the most optimistic about future environmental change.
Donate to The Nature Conservancy and give back to nature.