Last week Cool Green Morning brought you news of a performance art piece by the group BaaaStuds using sheep strapped with LED lights. We now have video of said art piece above…and don’t blame us if you spend the rest of the day watching and emailing it. But before you do that, check out some of the other hot green news for this Friday:
- The Green House: Green Inc. reports that the White House is getting some serious eco on: Recycling bins are now in both wings; the angles of the drinking fountains are being adjusted so they allow easy refill of a water bottle; and the Obama girls’ swing set includes recycled, shredded tires and U.S. wood.
- Oh…Oh Yeah, That Climate Thing: Meanwhile, climate change (and the Copenhagen meeting on climate change this December that many say will decide the world’s fate) was barely mentioned in the G-20 communique issued today…although “barely” is better than the never of communiques past.
- How About “Our Future”? Meanwhile, at the UN Climate Convention meeting in Bonn, there have been arguments about what to call what Copenhagen should produce — a “treaty,” a “protocol,” an “agreement,” a “deal” or a “decision.” (Hat tip: Climate Feedback.)
- Could Have Sworn This Was Tilapia: USA Today reports that seafood fraud — cheap fish being sold in fillet form as more expensive species — is an “industry-wide problem.” (Hat tip: Blogfish.)
- I Pledge to Properly Inflate My Tires: Michelin has been named the official tire of Yellowstone National Park, reports Green Biz. Believe it or not, that’s being touted as a green thing.
Donate to The Nature Conservancy and give back to nature.