Please forgive my penchant for cute baby animal stories… I think you’ll agree this one’s worth it. After you read the story, check out this educational video from National Geographic. And, of course, don’t forget the rest of today’s important green news!
- Cute Baby Animal Alert! A baby whale shark was discovered in the Philippines, providing scientists with a rare opportunity to learn more about the early life cycleof the largest fish in the sea. Awww, look!
- Power Off and Save Money: A new study shows that nearly half of all PC-using employees in the United States don’t shut down their computers at night, wasting $2.8 billion and emitting millions of tons of carbon.
- Will the Tortoise Beat the Hare? GreenGrok likens the United States’ race to adopt a climate change policy to the old fable… and says we should be rooting for both to win. (Hat-tip: Environmental Capital.)
- Cut Your Carbon? You Deserve a Bonus: Executives at a UK utility firm will receive compensation packages based on how much they reduce the carbon footprint of their departments. Scandalous? You decide.
- Two Million Acres of Wilderness: The Omnibus Public Lands Act has passed through the Senate and Congress, protecting vast stretches of land from logging, mining, drilling and other forms of defilement.
Donate to The Nature Conservancy and give back to nature.