Bees, Buckingham Palace and brazen battles-at-sea are on the agenda for this morning’s enviro-news roundup. Check it out…
- Underground Beekeeping: A state law classifing bees as “wild animals” — and therefore illegal to own — hasn’t stopped local-honey-loving New Yorkers from their beekeeping operations.
- Power Switch: Could cap-and-trade inadvertantly give more power to the nuclear argument?
- Saving the Seas? Blogfish debates whether eco-activist Sea Shepherd is helping or harming ocean conservation with its controversial direct-action campaigns.
- Your Majesty, It’s Time for Solar Panels: Does it surprise anyone that the 775-room Buckingham Palace is the least green building in London?
- It’s Worse Than We Thought: At preliminary meetings in Copenhagen this week, scientists warned that sea level rise could be nearly three times higher than previous worst-case scenarios predicted.
(Image: Beekeeping crime scene. Source: d70focus via Creative Commons.)
Donate to The Nature Conservancy and give back to nature.