Al Gore a snore? Where have we heard that one before? Not from the left — which is where you can find critics taking shots at Big Al today on Cool Green Science, along with four other green links you must read today:
- Is Al Gore Too Boring to be Useful? Marc Gunther says he can always finish the big guy’s sentences…and that’s not good. Tom Simonite of Short Sharp Science adds that Gore is wasting his time backing .eco as new web domain for purely environmental sites.
- Read Our Climate-Change-Chapped Lips: “Cap and trade is the tax that dare not speak its name,” says The Wall Street Journal – a tax on the lower and middle classes, that is.
- Bad Weather for Digging: Here’s yet another effect of climate change — it threatens to destroy archeological sites from Siberia to California’s Channel Islands, says a new report in Archeology. (Hat tip: Yale Environmental 360.)
- Glass Half-Full or -Empty? The percentage of Americans who buy green at least regularly held steady last year at 36 percent, reports Environmental Leader.
- Getting Lonely in Naysayer Land: The Times’ Andy Revkin goes to the second annual Heartland Institute conference for climate change skeptics — and finds a movement in trouble.
(Image: Al Gore addressing the World Resource Institue. Credit: World Resources Institute Staff through a Creative Commons license.)