Let’s start off the day with a little science entertainment. Enjoy… but don’t forget to read the rest of our morning round-up of green news.
- Singing Scientists: What could be better? The Great Beyond posts some of their favorite musical numbers from scientists across the spectrum. Warning: you could spend all morning watching these.
- From Coast to Coast, SF Is the Most: San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom says all city departments now need to offset their air travel by paying 13 percent of travel costs to a carbon offset fund.
- Still Drilling: Oil executives are still trying to convince Obama et. al. that offshore oil drilling must be part of the comprehensive energy package.
- A Dose of Reality: Marc Gunther is all for clean energy growth, but warns that it won’t fix all our problems. He says it’s time to stop talking about its many benefits and turn the conversation to how we’ll get it done.
- I Believe the Children Are Our Future: The student environmental movement keeps getting stronger. This weekend, some 10,000 youth will join in Power Shift 09 to lobby for climate action and clean energy.
- Swimming in Dubai’s Toilets: Blogfish reports that luxury hotel development in Dubai forgot to plan for one important factor: sewage. Now beaches are being closed off due to risk of contracting typhoid, hepatitis and other nasty stuff. Ewww.
Donate to The Nature Conservancy and give back to nature.