Could climate change be causing more refugees? Is the green consumerism boom a fraud? And is ethanol a sin? Read on: We winnow and sift the best in green online for you every morning…
- Hot Moves: Are fears of the effects of climate change driving increased migration worldwide? You bet, says a Washington Post article.
- Accepted in Landfills the World Over: Green Inc. reports on the first biodegradable credit card, from Discover.
- Buy Buy: Joel Makower is skeptical about reports that green consumerism is holding steady in the bad economy.
- Slimed: A mystery has been solved — it was a non-toxic algae killed all those seabirds found dead in Monterey Bay, not an oil spill or pesticides. (Hat tip: 60-Second Science.)
- Liquor ‘Er Up: A prominent Muslim scholar in Saudi Arabia says using alcohol-based biofuels such as ethanol in your car is sinful. (Hat tip: Bright Green Blog.)
(Image: Carteret Atoll, whose inhabitants became some of the world’s first climate refugees. Credit: NASA through a Creative Commons license.)