Cool Green Morning to you. Check out the Top Five items from our daily green-news roundup… And yes, we hope you live long and prosper.
- Worthy of a Vulcan Salute: Adding the oceans just wasn’t enough. Now Purdue University researchers have added project Vulcan to Google Earth, letting people see where carbon emissions are coming from.
- Get Out Your Daisies: Is the EPA ready to start regulating carbon emissions? Is that sort of like asking, “He loves me, he loves me not…”?
- Climate Change a Cure for Malaria? Fluctuations in temperature could threaten the life cycle of the malaria parasite, reducing the incidence of malaria in some places. (Hat-tip: Climate Feedback.)
- Beef Is Not the Answer: Bad news for meat lovers trying to be eco-friendly: grass-fed beef produces a larger carbon footprint than traditional grain feeding. This and other reasons why eating meat is unhealthy for the planet.
- China Vows to Save Water: Amid its worst drought in 50 years, China has announced a plan to update farm irrigation systems and reduce water use dramatically.
(Image: A Vulcan greeting. Source: TKCS, via Creative Commons.)