In today’s green news we learn that an apple a day keeps landfill waste at bay.
- As much as 30% of fresh produce doesn’t make it off the farm. One grocery store aims to change that. (Grist)
- Salt Lake City gives Beijing a run for its money when it comes to air pollution. (Huffington Post Green)
- Fukushima radiation fears still haunt Japan… and us. (LiveScience)
- The good news: Greenland melting slows. The bad news: Antarctica doesn’t. (Nature)
- From the brink of extinction: elephant seals make a remarkable comeback. (Mongabay)
Tags: air pollution, beijing, Cool Green Morning, daily news, elephant seal, environmental news, farmers, Fish, fruit, Fukushima, green news, Greenland, Grist, Huffington Post Green, ice melt, landfill, LiveScience, Mongabay, Nature.com, radiation, salt lake city, Species extinction