In: cash for snakes. Out: plastic bottles. Yep, just another quirky green news roundup.
- Killing pythons for cash? Florida puts a bounty on the Burmese python. (Bloomberg)
- From dreadful heat in Brazil to flooding in Pakistan, an in-depth look at 2012′s extreme weather. (NY Times)
- Cheers! Concord, Mass becomes the first US city to ban plastic bottles. (TreeHugger)
- Innovative and eco-friendly: Dutch “smart highway” glows in the dark. (LiveScience)
- The Pacific bluefin tuna population has declined by 96%. (Discovery News)
Tags: Bloomberg BusinessWeek, Burmese Python, Cool Green Morning, daily news, Discovery News, environmental news, extreme weather, Invasive species, LiveScience, Massachusetts, netherlands, NY Times, plastic bottles, smart highway, snake, Treehugger, tuna fishing