It’s an interesting day in the world of Cool Green news. Check it out!
- African Lions are moving close to U.S. Endangered Species Act protection. (Scientific American)
- Did you know there are drunken forests? And they’re related to a “permafrost problem” (and, of course, climate change)? (Green)
- And in other climate change news: could marine cloud machines cool the planet? (Mongabay)
- We can now add the world’s largest freshwater ecosystem to the list of places affected by plastic pollution. (Discovery News)
- Huge, new levees in New Orleans are almost finished — but they’ll require major funding for upkeep. (Huffington Post)
Tags: African lions, Army Corps of Engineers, Climate Change, cool the planet, Discovery News, drunken forests, endangered species, freshwater ecosystem, great lakes, green, Huffington Post, levees, marine cloud machines, Mongabay, New Orleans, New York Times, permafrost, plastic pollution, scientific american