Today’s cool stories are packed with fire and ice, and a liliger.
- Arctic sea ice melt goes far behind previous record levels. (TreeHugger)
- Study links genetically modified corn to massive tumors in rats, but is the science credible? (Discovery)
- Are we reaching the limits of plant life on the planet? (Green)
- Remember the fire tornado? Find out how common they are and how they form. (National Geographic)
- Alert Napoleon Dynamite: Meet Kiara, the world’s first liliger. (Huffington Post Green)
Tags: Arctic ice melt, arctic ice melt recod, Arctic sea ice, discovery, fire tornado, gm corn and tumors, gm corn study, green, Huffington Post, Huffington Post Green, hybrid animals, ice melt record, liliger, Napoleon Dynamite, nat geo, National Geographic, plant life, Treehugger