This is your assigned summer reading list. Don’t worry it’s only 5 stories.
- The Colorado wildfires have been declared a disaster. Get answers to the 5 biggest questions about the fires. (Mother Jones)
- The Supreme Court made another big decision yesterday, this one about MPG standards. (TreeHugger)
- Why are tomatoes so tasteless these days? Geneticists have found a surprising answer. (New York Times)
- PHOTOS: 25 new reef fish have been discovered. See the candy striper, “tripod,” more. (National Geographic)
- Is this “living rock” the weirdest creature you’ve ever seen? (Grist)
Tags: colorado wildfires, Grist, living rock, Mother Jones, mpg standards, National Geographic, New York Times, reef fish discovered, Supreme Court, tomato taste, Treehugger, weird creatures, weirdest creature alive, wildfires