It’s a mostly animal Monday in our green news lineup.
- Australia lists the koala bear as a threatened species for the first time. (Guardian)
- Wind farms affect weather, raise temperatures near ground. (Wall Street Journal)
- Pacific reef shark populations are down 90 percent, mostly due to human fishing pressure. (Washington Post)
- Do recent sightings mean wolves have returned to Atlantic Canada for the first time in decades? (Huffington Post)
- Peru is examining the death of more than 500 pelicans. (BBC)
Tags: BBC, Guardian, Huffington Post, koala bear, koala bear threatened, pacific reef sharks, pelican deaths, preu pelicans, shark decline, threatened species, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, wind famrs, wind farms and weather, wolves, wolves in canada