The Amazon gets an A+ in today’s green news.
- Back to the basics: farmers are favoring horses over John Deeres. (Grist)
- Annual destruction of the Amazon rain forest fell to its lowest recorded level. (Washington Post)
- Bittersweet news from Afghanistan: Persian leopards — and poachers — caught on camera. (TreeHugger)
- Mr. President, parks bolster state economies. (Green)
- All we want for Christmas is to visit the newly discovered Christmas Planet! (Mashable)
Tags: Afghanistan, Amazon, Amazon rainforest, Animals, Brazil, camera trap, economy, farming, green, green news, Grist, leopard, mashable, persian leopard, planets, poaching, rainforest destruction, space, state parks, Treehugger, Washington Post