The top five stories we’re seeing on the web this morning:
- Obama visits a northern Virginia Home Depot to promote energy efficiency and weatherization, refers to insulation as “sexy” (Green Inc.).
- A new report says that the economic stimulus bill will create 900,000 green jobs (Treehugger).
- Do the most recent drafts of the international climate agreement neglect to address the effects of a growing population (DotEarth)?
- The airline industry is “getting serious” about a move away from petroleum (Environmental Capital).
- “A plateau is almost like a frying pan in the sky,” says Nature Conservancy climate expert Barry Baker. Is that why southern China’s glaciers are receding at an alarming rate (LA Times)?
Tags: airlines, alternative energy, China, Climate Change, Copenhagen, DotEarth, economic stimulus, energy efficiency, Environmental Capital, Green Inc., insulation, Los Angeles Times, Obama, population, receding glaciers, Treehugger, weatherization