|The Daily Show With Jon Stewart||Mon – Thurs 11p / 10c|
First, we hear Steven Chu has a Facebook page. Now he’s appearing on the Daily Show with Jon Stewart. What next? Read on for all the latest Cool Green News on this fine Cool Green Morning.
- Will farmers do better financially under the proposed Waxman-Markey climate bill? Environmental Capital says carbon offsets are a gold mine for farmers.
- Baseball stadiums in the United States and Japan are going green, from purchasing wind energy to getting LEED certification.
- Steven Chu’s appearance on the Daily Show with Jon Stewart proves he’s not a zombie, says Red Green and Blue. (Watch the video above and judge for yourself.)
- NOAA released a new report this week warning that Caribbean reefs face a high risk of coral bleaching this summer, due in part to warmer ocean temperatures.
- Mongabay is hopeful that we can actually save rainforests through a new climate change mitigation program that would send funding to protect rainforests in developing countries.
Tags: baseball stadiums, carbon offsets, Caribbean reefs, Climate Change, climate change mitigation, coral bleaching, Daily Show, Environmental Capital, facebook, farmers, Jon Stewart, LEED certification, Mongabay, NOAA, Red Green and Blue, save rainforests, Steven Chu, warming ocean, Waxman-Markey, wind energy